Dynamics 365 Commerce is an end-to-end solution for delivering seamless commerce across all channels. It encompasses sales, mobility, intelligence, and productivity to help customer-facing businesses achieve more in a cloud-first, mobile-first way. The solution offers comprehensive support to operate a broad range of business processes, including point of sale (POS), call center, e-commerce, clienteling, merchandising, inventory, and channel management, while providing a unified and immersive customer experience for B2B and B2C engagements across physical and digital channels.
We are investing in many areas for Dynamics 365 Commerce as a part of 2023 release wave 1. Organizations can leverage Commerce to drive better business outcomes by:
- Engaging customers across channels: Give your customers or partners the option to purchase when, how, and where they want—on any device—by delivering a frictionless and consistent engagement across physical and digital channels.
- Building your e-commerce presence: Grow your business with a unified digital commerce solution that scales to meet your needs and is optimized for both business (B2B) and consumer (B2C) sales.
- Modernizing retail stores and streamlining operations: Create personalized and friction-free retail commerce experiences through user-friendly applications powered by robust back-office operations.
- Gaining agility and scalability through a natively headless solution: Support traditional and emerging channels by using an agile, API-driven headless commerce engine to help adapt to current and emerging needs. Employ a configurable and extensible platform that expands and grows to fit your business needs.
Key features for this release include:
- New network health checks for POS: Diagnose network-related issues and maximize POS uptime with new latency, connectivity, and memory health checks.
- Streamlined omnichannel media management: Leverage new workflows in headquarters to manage media assets that are used across channels.
- New B2B e-commerce capabilities: Enable members of your organization to create orders on behalf of your business customers.
- Enable localization for India: Commerce localization features for India are included out of the box in the core Commerce solution. Features include Goods and Services Tax determination using the tax engine and tax registration management in POS.
Investments in this release streamline site management and design and add key features and capabilities for your digital sales channels.
Investments in this wave provide reliability and usability improvements for store workers in Store Commerce on Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
AI innovation with Copilot
Investments in this area will introduce AI-powered capabilities to enhance customer experiences and streamline operations. To leverage these capabilities, retailers can converse using natural language with Copilot in Dynamics 365 Commerce to accomplish tasks more swiftly and efficiently to better engage with their shoppers.
Investments in this release include enhancements to omnichannel payments and order fulfillment with distributed order management.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Dynamics 365 Commerce below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged “Users, automatically” in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged “Users by admins, makers, or analysts” in the release plan.